Hydrocar introduces students to the hybrid technology that is fueling today’s automotive revolution! Hydrocar demonstrates a complete, clean-energy system with solar to hydrogen power generation. Powered by electricity from sunlight, the reversible fuel cell illustrates the principles of water electrolysis, separating hydrogen from water and then recombining these elements to create power in an extremely efficient process. What’s more, the car can steer independently to avoid running into obstacles.
- Great entry-level fuel cell car kit, and one of Horizon’s best sellers!
- Demonstrates electrolysis of water into oxygen and hydrogen
- Includes solar panel to power electrolysis process
- Includes experiment guide on CD, as well as a complete assembly manual
- Easy to build and operate, steers independently when meeting obstacles
- Assembly and operation of the hydrocar
- The effect of heat on solar panels
- The effect of shade on solar panels
- The effect of tilt angle on solar panels
- Finding the solar panel’s maximum power point (requires variable resistor module-sold separately)
- Electrolysis mode generating hydrogen and oxygen from water
- Fuel cell mode generating electricity from hydrogen and oxygen
- Determining the minimum voltage for water decomposition
- Polarization states for hydrogen fuel cells
Includes Full STEM Activity Materials for:
- Reversible electrolysis reactions
- Reaction rates
- Increasing energy efficiency and car performance
- Renewable energy
- Conservation of energy and energy transfer
All Horizon STEM materials are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and Energy Literacy Framework. Subject areas include Physics, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences for middle and high school grades. Go to Horizon Curriculum to find out more.
Please select your country and you will be redirected the e-shop page