The Solar Hydrogen Science Kit lets students invent their own clean energy applications using fuel cells and renewable hydrogen created using solar energy and water. The kit also comes with a small electric motor and propeller blade as the starting point for motorized applications you can build using your futuristic solar energy storage device. The set comes with a complete curriculum on renewable energy with easy to follow experiment manual, assembly guide, flash animations, and background history on the technology.
- Turn Solar Energy Into Hydrogen Energy!
- Includes Horizon’s complete curriculum on renewable energy on CD-ROM
- Lessons on solar energy, hydrogen fuel cells, electrolysis, and basic electronics
- Build your own solar powered inventions using a fuel cell
Includes Experiment Outlines for:
- The Effect of Heat on Solar Panels
- The Effect of Shade on Solar Panels
- The effect of tilt angle on solar panels
- Finding the solar panel’s maximum power point
- Electrolysis mode: generating hydrogen and oxygen from water
- Fuel cell mode: generating electricity from hydrogen and oxygen
- Determining the minimum voltage for water decomposition
- Polarization states for hydrogen fuel cells
Includes Full STEM Activity Materials for:
- Measuring the effects of solar cell angle on electrical output
- Measuring the effects of shading on electrical output
- Rates of reaction in hydrogen generation
- Electrolysis and catalytic reactions
All Horizon STEM materials are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and Energy Literacy Framework. Subject areas include Physics, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences for middle and high school grades. Go to Horizon Curriculum to find out more.
Please select your country and you will be redirected the e-shop page