Multi Energy Car Science Kit
The Multi Energy Car Science Kit lets students experiment with tomorrow’s sustainable transport solutions. Measure the superior energy density and power of the super capacitor. Compare different kinds of fuel cell technology, all of which convert elements into electrical energy: the direct ethanol fuel cell, the salt water fuel cell and PEM fuel cell. Plus, you can demonstrate the power of sunlight with the solar panel and generate electricity with the hand crank.
Science Kit for Kids
- Power a car with a hydrogen reversible fuel cell
- Power a car with a salt water fuel cell
- Power a car with solar energy
- Power a car with a super capacitor and hand crank
- Power a car with a battery
- 5 different models can be built with one chassis
- Examines the strengths and weaknesses of each solution
- Compatible with all other Horizon kits, for measurement, data logging etc.
- Includes fixed steering function at front of the vehicle
What is included in the horizon energy curriculum? The lab equipment is just the beginning. We’ve built the horizon energy curriculum to provide teachers and parents with multiple resources for engaging their students.
- Hands-on Lab Activities
- Teacher's / Parent'sGuides
- PBL Units
Electrochemistry, Electrolysis, Energy, Hydrogen Generation, Reaction Rates, Reactions, Redox Reactions, Solution Concentration
Capacitors, Classical Mechanics, Current/Voltage, Electric Charge, Electric Circuits, Energy, Generators, Ohm's Law, Parallel Circuits, Power (Electric), Series Circuits
Earth Science Concepts
Climate change, Renewable Energy, Human Impact